Friday, June 27, 2008

Women of Faith Conference...


I got a call in the middle of my teaching the kids at drama camp. It was my dh. He had scored some tickets to the Women of Faith Conference! It was that evening in Seattle. We would leave in three hours and spend the night with perfect strangers and enjoy the conference on Saturday! Whew! This was really stepping out of my comfort zone! Fortunately I have a crazy, spontaneous friend that miraculously was able to rearrange her schedule and come with me. It was an incredible time. The speakers were great and the music was incredible. The lady we stayed with was very nice and so hospitable! It was weird to go spend the night at someones house that my husband found on Craigslist. On the other hand, it must have been weird for our host to have two perfect strangers into her home! It was a real blessing. Unfortunately, my camera's batteries died, so I didn't get pictures. I only got the quirky picture of Becki and I, then the battery died. Anyway, I felt so blessed to get away for the weekend. My dh blessed me by taking care of the kids and getting them to their drama practice and he even cleaned my kitchen! What a guy!

No comments: