Thursday, October 23, 2008

How to break a child's heart...

My heart is broken. I know in the grand scheme of things, this really is only a blip, but right now I'm stunned.

We have been dreaming of a "Make a Wish" trip for well over a year. I have posted about it here and you ladies have helped us dream too. Christalin wanted to go to Disney World and be a princess for a week. She had plans of a different princess each day; Ariel, Sleeping Beauty.. you get the idea. She has been telling anyone who would listen about her Make a Wish trip.

I did the referral about a month ago. I just got a call on my answering machine from Make a Wish. They said she is NOT eligible for a wish.

WHAT? She has Cystic Fibrosis! This is a life threatening disease! I called them back and they said I would have to talk to her doctor. Her doctor is out of town until Monday.

When Josiah was 7 (he has Cystic Fibrosis too) he was all set up to do the same trip (minus the princess part of course ) He backed out, because he wanted his little sister to be able to remember the trip.

So why can't she go? And how on earth am I going to tell her?

No comments: