Wednesday, December 3, 2008

O Christmas Tree... O Christmas Tree

 
We got our tree up. I think it turned out very nice. This year I let the kids put almost all the ornaments on. They did a nice job I think. I guess you know your kids are getting older when they can do a Christmas tree by themselves and it still looks nice. In years past, we used to have a bunch of ornaments all along the bottom of the tree when I had the kids help. Sigh. They are growing up so fast!

A couple of years ago, my on-line FIAR family lost two mothers, Missy and Lorrie. They didn't know that that would be their last Christmas with their families. However, they made it a point to make the most of their Christmas. Here is a quote from Missy's blog:
"For now, I'm enjoying making memories with my family and letting all the worries and stresses roll right off my back. They'll be there for another day. But for today I'm going to get my Love Bank filled back up with kisses and hugs and quiet conversations (while making those same kinds of deposits into each of my loved one's Love Banks) and regain the strength to face all those worries and stresses that will still be waiting for me come January. I think that by then they won't seem so big anymore anyway."

So my FIAR friend Christy has encouraged us: "In honor and memory of Missey and Lorrie, I hereby declare that in our home the whole month of December will be spent making wonderful, warm memories with my family and taking the time to do what THEY want."

I try to make that my daily motto; to make memories every day. We really don't know how many days we have with our families. I have a dear friend that is having to go through the holidays and the rest of her life without the love of her life. Andy was killed in a horrible car accident a few weeks ago. All she has is her memories. They are ever so sweet for her.

I don't mean this to be a downer message. It's just that the kids grow up so fast! Memories are made every day - what kind of memories are you making? Let's all try to make them the sweetest memories ever. Don't stress about all the little things, but stop and enjoy your families this year.

Merry Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: