Monday, January 2, 2012

Word of the Year

So, I have been really leery to have a word of the year this year.  Last year I had "intentional joy".  It was one of the hardest years of my life.  I was scared to pick a new word. 

The word "Hope" kept coming back to me.  I was afraid of what that could entail.  I still didn't want to claim it, but after several confirmations I decided to go for it.

Yesterday, I was drinking tea from my new travel mug I got for Christmas.  I had originally bought two mugs for a wedding present for my nephew and his wife, but then decided I should find something else for their wedding.  I ended up giving one of the mugs to my dh and the other to me for Christmas.  I just wrapped them up and didn't think anything about it.

Fast forward to yesterday, as I was drinking my tea.  I looked at the mug more closely.   Guess what the mug says?  "Hope"  "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  Isa. 40:31"

No comments: