Sunday, January 27, 2008

Superman and my kids have something in common!

My dh set up an audition for Josiah and Christalin for a Disney show of some sort. He heard the commercial on a Christian radio station in our area. (Our kids have done lots of acting and have been on tv several times. They really love to do that sort of thing.) I wasn't sure if I was going to go, since it was snowing.

Well, the snow let up, so I decided to go ahead and go. From what my dh said, it was supposed to be an audition for a part in a Disney show. Well, it wasn't. It was an acting school trying to get new students! I was a bit frustrated. I tried not to let it show, so the kids could enjoy it anyway. They had two auditions. One for the school, and one with an agent that actually has booked actors for Disney. There just wasn't an opening right now that they were auditioning for.

Christalin and Josiah did the audition since they told me that only two kids were allowed per family. They really loved them and said they would call us back. Not that we could afford to send the kids to the acting school in Seattle!

The agent was the agent that signed Superman. The kids thought that was pretty neat. Christalin and Josiah tried out and did a pretty good job. The agent asked me if my other two kids wanted to audition too. I said, yes, but they told me only two kids. He handed me a script and told me to have the boys look over it, but just to stand to the side, not to go to the back of the very long line.

They did their audition well! I was about to bee-line it out of there, since it was already 9:00 p.m. While another kid was auditioning, the agent called out to me to come back and he wanted our phone number! (I felt sorry for the kid auditioning.) So he took our number and we'll see!

All in all the kids were excited to have an audition with a famous agent. Even if nothing comes of it, it was fun nevertheless.

No comments: