Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some people.... (vent ahead...)

My two older boys went to a woodcarving class today. It was waaaay out in the boonies. It took us half an hour to get there, and it was only an hour long class.

So, I dropped the boys off and the two littles and I tried driving around to find a place where we could pull off the road and wait without getting the neighbors freaked out.

Then dd says she has to go potty. We're in the middle of the boonies, but there were a lot of new houses, so no privacy. I turned around the corner and what to my wondering eyes would appear but a tiny little drug store!

By this time dd is practically in tears, she has to go so bad. We go in there and dd asked the sales lady (very politely) if she could use the restroom. The lady said, "No. We don't have public restrooms."

I stepped in and said, "I understand that, but she is little and really has to go."

She said, "I'm sorry but we have had a lot of vandalism lately."

I said, "Well, you don't have to worry about that."

She said, "I'm sorry. No."

I said, "Do you know where the nearest restroom is? I'm not from around here."

She said, "There's a gas station."

I asked, "Where is that?"

She waived her hand in the air and said "Down there."

All the while, my dd is dancing because she has to go so bad.

I took off to find this gas station "Down there." No such luck. We ended up pulling off to the side of the road and she squat behind a clump of grass!

I just couldn't believe that lady (and her supervisor) would not let a young child use the restroom!

Some people!
__________________

No comments: