Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I have a new tradition that I have been trying. I belong to an online forum for my kid's curriculum they use for school. They are a great bunch of ladies. Anyway, last year they had a "Word for the Year", something that we want to work on for our lives. Last year my word was "Anticipation", I wanted to look at each and every thing that came in to my life and anticipate how it could bring glory to God. I wanted to be open to God working through my life and be excited about it, even if it seemed to be a negative aspect.

How is God going to use my family and me to bring glory to Him? That's anticipation!

Did I do well last year? No, I wasn't perfect. But, Yes, I think it did help me to focus on it throughout the year.

So, I'm going to try it again this year. I have been praying about it and I think I have ended up with two words. The first being: "Perseverance." I need to finish what I start. I tend to get great ideas for school, or home, but then I peter out after a couple of weeks. I need to get better at that.

That was going to be the only word for the year for me. However, the Lord placed on my heart another word as well. The word is "Gratitude". Being grateful for everything I have, either negative or positive. I like the quote from Melodie Beattie about Gratitude: "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."

What would your word be?

No comments: