Monday, November 16, 2009

Perfectionism and blogging...

I think this entire year has passed so fast, I am still spinning. I thought I would blog a little, but it took me 6 times to remember my username and password! I really need to blog more often! I think I got swept up in the easiness of Facebook, a sentence here and there and I'm done. Whenever I blog, I want to have a nice picture and a paragraph or two explaining the picture. Since I haven't had time to do that, my poor blog sits here abandoned. That is really a bad habit of mine. I tend to be such a perfectionist. If I can't make something like the way I see it in my head, I don't really want to start, and then never really get it done. I'm trying to take baby steps and let things happen even if they are not as perfect as I imagine they should be. I see the problem in my blogging, but I also see it in my home. In my minds eye I see my home just so, when it doesn't make the cut, I'm left discouraged. So here is a step in the right direction - a blog entry with no pictures or event to correspond with it. Now will I have the guts to actually post it to my blog? ;-)

1 comment:

R. Charles said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Maybe all mothers have this perfectionist disease that goes hand in hand with discouragement when it doesn't come out right. Good to know I'm not alone. Keep blogging! You never know who God has for you to encourage. Have a great day