Thursday, April 21, 2011

Battle of the Sweet tooth

Ok, I'll admit it.  I have a terrible sweet tooth.  I think I could eat candy or sweets practically at any time of the day.  Today, they called over the loud speaker that the coffee cart was available for the next ten minutes.  They give free coffee to the parents every so often.  Today I went down, and they had two big boxes of fancy donuts, chocolate covered marshmellows, and robin eggs!  Oh my.  I wanted a little of each!  Then, I remembered that back at the room were two kids that have been newly dignosed with diabetes.  It would be so mean of me to bring in all the treats.  Normally, I would bring a little treat back for the kids to eat too.  However, if I do that now, that means they get another poke and shot.  Treats just aren't worth extra pokes anymore.  So I skipped all the sweets, got a cup of coffee and two hotwheels.  I came back to the room with a clear conscience and happy kids.  This adjustment is so hard for the kids, and just a little bit hard for me.  I wonder how long it takes to get rid of a sweet tooth?

I was looking at a friend's blog post and saw her signature after each post.  I thought it looked pretty cool, so I thought I would make one for my blog too.  Here it is:

What do you think?  :-)

No comments: