Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh the many hats I wear...

Have you ever felt a bit overwhelmed? I have been feeling that a bit lately. It is probably my fault, but I have a bit on my plate. I was talking with my dh on the way home from worship practice last night. I was listing the many hats I wear:

Homeschool teacher
Caregiver
Nurse
Children's worship leader
Sunday School teacher
Actor for the Calvary Players
Assistant Den Leader for Cub Scouts
Assistant Baseball Coach
Spanish student
Workout partner
Bible Study participant
Karate student
Field trip coordinator
Small Business Owner
Orla taxi driver
Tax preparer

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. My plate is full! I have prayed about it all, but I don't feel like I should be dropping anything. I really do love all the things I do. Most of my activities my kids do right along with me and it's great! I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed and not too sure if I should have added Karate to our schedule. My wiser-than-his years, teenager pipes up from the back seat, "Mom you need to just focus on one thing at a time. Do that to the best of your ability then go to the next thing. Don't worry about it all at once."

Oh yeah. That's right. One thing at a time. (relaxing sigh.) Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

No comments: