Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a weekend!




We had such a busy week! We spent the first part of it getting ready for the Science Fair with our local home school group. The kids worked very hard on their projects. Josiah did Bones, Joshua did the Brain, Joseph did Muscles and Christalin did the Lungs. I think they did a great job! Josiah won 3rd place in the 13+ category. The rest of the kids didn't place, but I think they were all winners! Josiah has the gift of gab from his dad. The rest of the kids kind of had stage fright when the judges came through. That's ok, I know they know more than they were able to tell the judges. My nephew Ryan did a great job on The Ape Caves. He actually made some staglamites (hmmm.... how DO you spell that word?) I held them on my lap on the way to the fair. I was so afraid of breaking them before they got there! My dear sister took the kids out for a frosty as a reward for all the hard work. She's so nice! After church today I took my kids to the dollar store to pick out a prize. They had fun choosing a prize. All the kids did a great job at the Science Fair. It's fun to see what others are doing in their homeschool.



The boys had a campout for Boy Scouts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They had a great time. The first day stayed dry, but of course it rained the next two days. They had wet feet, but their tents stayed dry. It was very cold though! There was ice on Saturday morning. Since Josiah is not feeling great, and dh had to work, I went with them and brought my tag-a-longs, Joseph and Christalin. DH brought our trailer out for us to stay in. It was dry camping with no electricity or heat. It was really cold. However, I was glad to not be in a tent! Josiah and Joshua put up their own tent and stayed in it. They did great!



This was Joshua's first Boy Scout camp. He got his Tote n chip and his Fire something or other. (How's that for an official Boy Scout term!) We were so tired when we came home we all took a nap!

We are starting our Spring Break tomorrow. I want to do some serious spring cleaning and attack the "Honey do" list. Hopefully we'll be able to put a dent in it!

No comments: