Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cystic fibrosis Walk a success!


I was feeling a bit down about the Great Strides Walk.

I usually am fairly upbeat about it all, thanks totally to God's grace, but about two times a year, I tend to feel a bit overwhelmed. One, at the Cystic Fibrosis conference, the other the Great Strides Walk. It always brings into perspective the hard parts of the disease. It seems that every year I hear about someone else who has passed away from Cystic Fibrosis. It's hard.

This year my women's adventure group was going to join our team and support us. It didn't happen. I was feeling kinda blue. However, our home school youth group decided to join us! We ended up with a large group. It was great!

We even ended up in the newspaper! http://www.theolympian.com/localnewsfeed/story/465308.html

No comments: