Saturday, May 3, 2008

Motherhood and God's faithful love....

Being a mother has given me a greater understanding of God's faithful love.
No matter if my kids have good days or bad, I'm there for them. Whether they are sick physically or if they are caught in sin, I'm still there for them. I love them unconditionally.
The other day after I put the kids down to bed, I was reading a book. Suddenly, my daughter came flying in the room with her hands to her throat, eyes bulging and turning purple. I jumped up, turned her upside down, pounded on her back until she could breathe again. After a glass of water, she admitted she had snuck a piece of hard candy in her bed. She was eating it, when it got stuck in her throat.
Even though she knew she was wrong to have eaten the candy without permission, she had no problem running to me when she was in trouble. She knew I wouldn't reject her for sinning.
Sometimes when we are stuck in sin, we can be afraid to come to the Father. Especially when it's something we have been "talked to" about before.
If my daughter had no fear running to me, her earthly mother, how much more should we be able to run to the Father? God is a faithful God. He doesn't give up on us. His love is unconditional. It is a faithful love.

Psalms 103:13,17 Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him...But the lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him.

No comments: