Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Camp!










One of my kid's very favorite things to do is Family Camp. No matter what we do in the summer, it wouldn't be summer unless we go to Family camp. The older boys have Boyscout camp that has always ended up on the same week. However, given the choice, they slways choose family camp. What do we do at family Camp? Well, there's archery (taught by dh), swimming, canoeing, paddle boating, skits, tree climbing, excavator running, slip n slide, games, Country store, hiking, crafts, biking, teaching, yummy food three times a day that I didn't have to cook, friends, and freedom. Since the camp is just our church on a private campground on a private lake, I feel comfortable letting the kids explore. This is a growing thing for me, but it probably is one of the most favorite things for the kids. It is a relaxing week for all of us. We even brought my hammock and I was able to take a nap in the shade with no worries. Aaaahhh... can't wait until next year!

No comments: