Sunday, March 30, 2008

Now I've done it...

I put a notice out to my home school group regarding the Great Strides walk that is coming up at the end of May. A woman responded asking for more information. I showed her our Cystic Fibrosis home page. (http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp...&idUser=125848) Then I gave her this link. http://www.youtube.com/CysticFibrosisUSA. I've spent the last hour watching the videos. I have tears running down my face. Sometimes Cystic Fibrosis is so overwhelming.
Christalin is really doing bad right now. Josiah is not doing much better. They have camping trips, baseball and co-ops they want to go to and participate in, so they are trying to stay out of the hospital They are hoping to wait until the middle of May. I'm not sure they can make it.
Silly me, I love drama. I haven't been in a play for about five years. Our Calvary Players troupe has two dessert theaters a year. One in the fall and one in the spring. The kids are always in the hospital around that time. This year I decided to try out for a part. Well, I got a part and have been practicing four hours a week for the past month. We are just hoping that the kids would stay well enough that I could do the actual play.
Now I'm feeling selfish. If I quit the play now, I'll let down the other actors. The director will probably not let me be in any other plays ever again. Which, in the big picture, that really doesn't mean squat. It's just that I really do enjoy drama. It was my one outlet. KWIM?

We go up to Children's in May. I figure the kids will be admitted. I guess my prayer is that they will feel well enough to make it that long. Prayers for my hurting mommy heart would be appreciated too. It is so hard to see my kids suffer. I don't want them to miss out on things that mean a lot to them if I can help it. It's hard to find a balance sometimes.
Thank you for your prayers. They are so appreciated!

No comments: