Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ugly feet.


Feet. They truly are very ugly. I think my feet are uglier than most. I don't like to have people touch my feet. I have never had a pedicure and hope never to either.

We were blessed by Starlight Starbright foundation with a night at the Embassy Suites Hotel. It really was beautiful. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures. They had tropical plants and waterfalls and streams going through the lobby. Even the swimming pool had a waterfall flowing into it.

My husband and I went to the Cystic Fibrosis conference in Seattle all day Saturday. Meanwhile, Josiah and his cousin went to a youth conference and my sister watched the other three kids. When the conference was over, we drove back home to pick up the family and then drove back to Lynnwood to stay in the hotel. It was a lot of driving! When we got to the hotel, we went swimming in the pool. Poor Joshua accidentally forgot his swim trunks at home on the couch. He had to sit forlornly on the side of the pool while the rest of us swam. It was pretty sad.

So why did I start this entry with feet? Well, we did a foot washing time in our room. We read about how Jesus was a servant even though He is the King of Kings. He took the part of a lowly servant and washed the disciples feet. By the end of the night we each had our feet washed five times! I can tell you it certainly was the most giggly foot washing ceremony I have ever seen! We definitely have tickly feet!!
I'm not sure if they got the fact that they should try and serve each other, but I know that it will certainly be a memory they'll never forget! lol. Actually, they are great kids, they do try and help each other out quite a bit.

On Sunday morning we were able to attend the Starlight Starbright event, "Jewelers and Sundaes". We were treated to a chocolate fountain! Yummmm. We also had ice cream sundaes. Then the kids were able to make bracelets with beautiful glass beads. Joshua gave me one. I love it! They also were able to plant seeds and make "stained glass" window things. (Can't think about what they are called.) It was a really fun weekend. I think we all went home with a belly ache though! Too many good treats!

No comments: