Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spanish anyone?

We went to Mexico as a family on a mission trip the summer before last. We had the greatest time. We camped all the way down and back. It truly was incredible. We hope to go down this summer as well.

My problem has been trying to learn Spanish. I have tapes, flash cards, computer programs, but nothing seems to work. My sister just gave me this web address: www.livemocha.com It seems to be really great! It is free and you can learn quite a few languages. My first impressions of it, is it is like Rosetta Stone. I have done the first lesson, and I am seeming to understand it. They also have a chat thing where you can help others learn English by chatting with them. I chatted with someone from an Arabic country this morning. It was interesting. It is only for adults or kids over 13. My kids have just been looking over my shoulder and learning with me. Hopefully by this summer I will be able to speak a bit to the Mexican people we meet. That would be cool. I'll keep trying!

No comments: