Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Summer plans....Summer plans....















As we start into Spring, I always have my eye toward the sunshine! I've been looking at our budget and trying to figure out what we can do this summer. Our number one wish is to go back down to Mexico on a mission trip. We did that the summer before last and it was incredible! We are in the process of finding out if we can go again this summer.

The other very favorite tradition of our family is going to our church's family camp. It is a week long at Panhandle Lake, which is a private lake. We have been going every year since before the kids were born. Before we had our own kids, we used to take our nephews and nieces. It is just a super fun time. There is canoeing, hiking, archery, b-b guns, biking, crafts, skits, worship, apple-wampus (I guess you'd have to have been there). We all have fond memories of going every year. For the past three years my oldest son has given up Boy Scout camp to go to family camp. He enjoys it more. I love it because I don't have to cook all week, among other things of course! The huge slip and slide is always a hit. We also have a country fair with free cotton candy, snowcones and popcorn. It just couldn't get any better! Unfortunately, it does get more expensive each year. I think we might be able to squeak one more year since we will be getting our tax return. The pictures I am showing are from a photographer in our church named Robert Brown. He takes the greatest pictures!

No comments: