Wednesday, February 20, 2008

AAAH! I'm a mom of a teenager!

Wow. The years do fly by fast. Today is my oldest son's 13th birthday. I'm a mom of a teenager. That seems so old! We spent the day at grandma and grandpa's watching "Beverly Hillbillies". That show is just too funny! After cake and ice cream we went to the YMCA and the kid's played on the exercise bikes that are connected to the computer game system. I don't know what they are called, but the kid's had a great time doing it! I even gave a try on the dance game thing. (Can you tell I'm very game-illiterate?) I really did awful, but it was fun. I actually got a pretty good workout! The kids were kind enough not to laugh at me too. We also got to see the lunar eclipse. That was special to see on Josiah's birthday. All in all, it was a great day.

We're starting to talk about colleges and careers. It just doesn't seem possible that we're there already. On the down side, Josiah has a sense of not having time to deal with college and stuff. That makes my mother-heart heavy. They say that on average, kids with Cystic Fibrosis are living to be older these days. However, there still is the other half that don't make it. I can't think about that. It is too painful. Some days I see my son so very sick and I worry. Will he be able to live out his dreams? Honestly, I can't let my mind go there. God has it all in His hands. In His hands is a much better place to be than in my worrisome heart. My job is to live each day to the fullest and make memories along the way. The rest I have to leave to the Lord.

I am still getting used to being a mom of a teenager. It really isn't that bad! I am thankful that I have a teenager. It is an exciting time.

No comments: