Friday, February 15, 2008

Blue & Gold Ceremony at the state Capitol



I am so proud of my boys. Joshua has bridged into Boyscouts. It was a great ceremony at the state capitol building. Josiah ended up doing the calling up the flags ceremony and part of the welcoming the troops ceremony.

The Capitol is beautiful with marble all around.

Grandpa helped Joshua make his own shadow box from scratch, and we got it done in time for the ceremony. Unfortunately, Grandpa wasn't feeling up to coming to the ceremony, but I know he was with us in spirit.



Personally, I am glad to be done with the Webelo year. As a parent and former den leader it was a difficult year. Joshua had fun though. Sometimes I think the kids would do fine if certain parents wouldn't get their noses into it! Ah well, that's life I guess. I must learn to just let it go.

I am proud that my son got the "BIG 20" badge and has bridged into Boy Scouts. The boys have picked the patrol name Phoenix. Now I have two Boy Scouts and one Bear scout. They do grow up so fast!

No comments: