Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines day!

Picture of valentines day candy hearts.



I had planned things for today, but it looks like the TO DO schedule has gotten in the way! Ugh. We are usually pretty good at keeping things balanced, but SOME days!!!

Dh stayed home from work today. He came down with the stomach flu in the middle of the night. Not a pleasant way to spend valentines! I don't know whether I should give him his chocolate ....or maybe I'd better wait. Ya think?

Tomorrow night is the Blue and Gold Banquet at the Capitol Building. It should be a very memorable event. Joshua will be bridging into Boyscouts. The kids grow up way too fast! Today we will be doing school as normal, then we might go over to my mom and dad's to work on Joshua's shadow box. It has to be done for the B&G tomorrow night. After that the boys have their woodcarving class. Then we'll go to the library and then tonight Josiah has his first job working childcare for a dessert theater. Whew! I really wanted to be able to make valentines today with the kids, but, the TO DO schedule seems to prevent that. Nasty monster!

This will be the first year dh and I will miss the dessert theater. Our budget just wouldn't allow it . I'm a bit bummed as the teens do such a great job. They have a dessert theater to make money for their mission trip and camp this summer. It works out I guess, since dh ended up being sick anyway.

So, that is a typical day around here. I bought some chocolate and a journal for each of the kids. One of the FIAR ladies had an idea of a journal notebook between mom and kids. I'll write something in their journal, put it under their pillows, and then they write back and put it under my pillow! It sounded like a great idea! It will make a neat memory for them to look back on. Plus they get a little bit of writing in as well. I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day and give a squeeze to those you love! Don't forget what the best valentines present was and is!

For God so loVed the world,

That He gAve

His onLy

BegottE n

SoN

That whosoever

Believeth I n Him

Should N to perish,

But have Everlasting life."

John 3:16

No comments: